Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

HOT PRAYER

The sun still sets slowly
on this sultry summer night.
My shirt slowly peels away
from the ancient varnished pew
as I lean forward to pray.
Fans five stories overhead
stir a ruah of relief
that makes the steamy night
just a little more bearable.
I struggle to pray,
but looking straight ahead,
I delight in the bright, deep colors
of the stained glass nativity;
winged angel faces, royalty on knees
distract me for a moment
from my Saviour’s glowing face.
Slowly I consider Joseph
as the years seem to drop
from his face even as I watch.
Eternal father, now in his youth,
strong, brave and gentle,
ever source of comfort and care.
Suddenly the bells
of the high tower pealing,
bring a cascade of refreshing sound
falling on my head like a blessing,
acknowledging my prayer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home