Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

CHAMA RIVER CANYON

Late Spring in the canyon -
a time of rebirth,
as cacti bloom red overnight...





and starkly white moonflowers
share their bright morning beauty
while perched on the side of an arroyo...




brief rainshowers
deepen craggy cliff colors
of orange, yellow and red.
In the next moment,
bright sunshine spawns
waves of damp heat
which nourish young shoots
of wild green sagebrush.
My soul drinks deeply
in this sacred place
as I long to disappear
into the One.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home