Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Monday, May 14, 2007

RECYCLED DREAMS

When did the music stop playing?
When did our children cease dancing
under blooming spring trees of pink
and white blossoms of dreamy scent?

Innocence so fragile and true
has been burned at the stake of war,
along with honor and justice,
pride’s head can be lifted no more

Tears from stone heroes flow swiftly
into the river of life, carried away
to some other land where they’ll nourish
the sleep of those still able to dream.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see the movie "Children of Men"? It's rather bleak but there is a scene at the end about the longing for innocence that I found stunning and your poem reminds me of it. Also, I tagged you for a meme at my blog. :-)

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home