Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

BEAUTY

A rock and a hard place
have nothing on
books and music
when they conspire
to lure you
into their web.

A midday midsummer saunter
through the bookstore of heaven
is pleasure enough for this savage.
But when the call of a temptress
with a voice of pure honey
blends with sweet notes from her piano,
then surrender’s the only path left.

Lured by these sounds
I crash
on the sharp edges of my soul.
Soothed while wounded
I collapse at her feet
submitting to this overwhelming power.

No words can describe
nor are needed between us
in this deep pas de deux of beauty.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home