Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

MONDAY NIGHT - 9:00PM

With a click, the lighter catches
and I slowly lower the flame.
In an instant, the wick lights
and quickly begins to dance.
Joining the lights of a far-flung tribe,
the flame brightens as others connect.
Caressing the tall glass container,
I feel the heat of many hearts
together once again in a circle of truth,
gentleness, respect and love.
Twin spirits enter my space
and join me before the flame.
From another room, two cats, nature's own,
one male and one female join me by my side.
As we three sit together before the flame,
I bless each spirit on the head
with the warmth of the flame
and each gratefully nuzzles my hand,
returning the love.
Visions of the circle return
as I see one-by-one,
the souls of my brothers.
Once separate, now joined
tonight and forever,
we are one.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lil said...

I miss looking at the world through these kind of eyes... motherhood takes up so much of my time now, that by her bedtime, I'm too exhausted to notice anything else but my own bed...

Thank you for reminding me.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home