Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

THE LONELY BED

Tonight, I long to hear your breath
beside me on our ship of dreams,
but miles keep us apart and so
I draw your pillow near to me.

What visions danced and made you smile
or were they notes from a remembered piece
when once we looked up to the sky
and vowed we’d never spend a night alone?

What good are promises except to bring
us pain? No, that’s not fair, it’s just my soul
that grieves tonight because you share
your smile with foreign angels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home