Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Monday, July 10, 2006

(IM)PERFECT MEMORIES

The weakening pale yellow glow
of early evening sun
reflects off the polished hardwood floor
showing every imperfection.

No wonder the kitchen table wobbles.

Years from now we'll struggle
to recall those precious times
when we all gathered as one.

But how easily we'll remember,
with a slow grin,
those child-like see-saw moments
when we passed the potatoes.

2 Comments:

Blogger brd said...

I'm back from vacation. Your poem reminds me of Grandma Ellstrom's kitchen. How wonderful.

Betsy

1:50 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Very nice poem.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home