Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Friday, June 30, 2006


SAINT BENEDICT MONASTERY
SNOWMASS, COLORADO

A little relief on a hot summer's day...

HIGH MOUNTAIN WINTER

Deeply rooted evergreens salute
their Maker as they stand erect,
envying the wind and snow who
conspire in the dance.

Tall peaks remain part veiled
as clouds and snow
baptize their heavenly crowns.
I fear and honor these landscapes
as my elders taught.

Gentle snowfall graces this holy
land with a royal robe of pure white.
Even while wild scrub provides
shelter for brother hare and sister marmot.

Soon I’ll leave this land of my Creator
for home, but I’ve packed enough glory
and beauty to last a lifetime,

for I’ve seen God’s face in the wild.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home