Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Friday, June 16, 2006

DANCING WITH DEATH

The end of the trilogy...I promise.


I danced with Death this weekend.
She surprised me with her Beauty.
With flawless white hair
and glimmering eyes,
she gently stalked her prey.
Feet barely touching the floor,
Death seduced me into the Dance.

At first, I balked,
but soon gave in.
Mimicking her moves unwillingly
just to keep my distance.

I tired easily,
and collapsed to the floor,
Curled myself into
the tightest ball I could,
hoping Death would move on.

Silence. I dared a peek
and thinking Death had left the room
I slowly stood,
ready to make a run for it.

But then, I turned,
She’d been there all along.
Her eyes enticed me, once again,
but wouldn’t let me go.

I couldn’t break the grip
and so gave in, slowly
sliding to the floor this time.
Death, too gave in and
followed me. Together
we lay with arms and legs
enfolded. Sleep, sweet sleep
took us both away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home