Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Friday, June 16, 2006

A GOOD DEATH

Don't worry. They won't all be on tough topics. Just where Sara took me (thanks!) and where I am right now.

Quiet, stark white,
few tubes, no machines.
Friends gather, comfortable noise.
Tell stories, sing songs.
Remember love, laughing.
Talk about the future,
tell me about next week,
your vacation plans.
Let me merely listen.
Don't need to see, but
must be able to hear -
even just a murmur.
Hold hands in a circle of love;
voices carry on softly
not noting that I've gone
'til later.
Gentle kisses on the forehead,
hands touching a now cold heart.
A wave from friends as they leave -
for just a short time.

1 Comments:

Blogger brd said...

This is quite beautiful. What a precious picture you have painted.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home