Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008


NEW YEARS EVE

It seems particularly dark tonight. To me, this seems altogether fitting and proper for the last night of the year; it is as if the year has been fully spent. Light has recently become an ever present thought that I have carried with me throughout the past few weeks. But it is a deeper sense of light that has stayed with me - it is the light of friendships I've held in my heart - the light that carries us through difficult times and walks with us along our various paths. I just changed my profile statement for the first time since starting this blog to include the light of friendship as a force that accompanies me on my pilgrim path.

Very few of us have escaped 2008 unharmed in one form or another. Some of the pains have been economic, others spiritual, and still others emotional. During the just past holiday season, it became apparent to me more than ever that our connections to one another are what will hold us together in 2009 and beyond. Deep listening and deep care are the new currency of the day. They will see us through this difficult year ahead. Sometimes it takes a year like the one just past for us to realize that they have always been the only things that matter.

With gratitude for the lessons you have taught me, with joy for the laughter you have shared with me, I wish you, dear friends, the deep peace of the winter darkness with confidence that we share a common light within our hearts that will lead us to the eternal hope of a new day.

Fondly,
Rich

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

True words, Pilgrim. Happy New Year to you, my good friend.

I've passed the merlot, boy, the last two nights...and raised a glass for you...

Namaste,

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home