Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

ODE TO PAIN

You are in pain......you hurt……you hurt me……that double-edged tongue which you so clumsily wielded…has excised the part of me that cared……past tense…pay attention…..simple words…carelessly spoken…it’s all about you………and now you have time to pretend you have no idea what happened…because……it’s all about you…the only thing you ever shared…was pain.

I was your friend……past tense…pay attention…I cared more about your well being than you did…………doing everything I could to be sure you were not alone…that despite your often foul personality you would still be a part of the whole…did you honestly think that young one cared?

But you hissed and snapped like an angry snake in that sacred dome…whatever humor…you thought…you brought… to the table was covered in bile……that everyone smelled……your dark secret is out…now everyone knows……...present tense…pay attention……and so… at first chance…you escaped…………but light and love …cleaned up the mess…you left behind…and so you’ll move on……like you always do……there’s a sucker born every minute…hope you find him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home