Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

SECRET PLEASURES

Slowly I opened my eyes
as angels woke me from my rest,
asking me to speak
about my secret pleasures -

Receiving a present

covered in deep red wrapping paper
with a big white bow.

Feeling the heft
of a 1,000 page novel
that I hope will never end.

Sharing a homemade meal
and tasting love.

Seeing God in a stranger’s eyes.

Crying at the beauty of music
composed 300 years ago.

Smelling my old leather
jacket after coming in from the rain.

Seeing the secret shadow
of a rabbit on the moon.

Arriving in a foreign land
and feeling my heart sing.

Watching your mouth as you speak
and hearing every word
inscribed upon my heart.

Falling back asleep to dream about my secret pleasures.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home