Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Thursday, March 06, 2008


WILD GEESE

The wild geese have left the temple
to join me on my path.
Welcome companions who’ll guide me
to new paths of wonder.

Each step I take finds them
gracefully overhead.
Showing me the way to venture
northward to unknown lands.

Swooping and diving, young ganders
make a scene testing their wings.
Summoned by their elders,
they complain as they rejoin the flock.

Closing my eyes I am carried
to the coast of a rugged isle
where tidal pools provide a haven
for clams, puffins and seagulls.

Just as quickly I'm at the summit
of a verdant mountain, gazing down
on an artisan village blessed
by the arches of a double rainbow.

Gently I return from my journey
from sea to mountaintop,.
Delivered by my guardian geese
to the easy chair I never left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home