Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

DEMONS

On this dark afternoon,
let me go to my room
in silence
to be alone
with the demons who terrorize
my nights and days.
Here in the quiet
they fear my prayers
to the One who can rescue
my heart from their firm grasp.
I fear that words are useless
to convey my pain
and confusion;
how I cannot
control these visions
of a life without meaning.
An open window beckons
but my body lacks
the will to move.
But before I can turn my face
a bird appears on the sill,
watching me with eyes
as curious as mine.
I close my eyes to pray
and just as a tear
begins to roll down my face,
I feel the light brush
of a crow's wing against my face
drying my tear, giving me hope.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger H.M. said...

Wow, Rich.
Thanks for this raw honesty.

2:50 AM  
Blogger akash said...

I have been waiting for a post here .
How nice to see it finally !
Fear and hope - mix the way they do in real life .
I liked the tear being wiped - giving hope a chance .

Akash

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home