Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Monday, April 21, 2008

LIGHT AND DARKNESS

And soon the night of weeping
Shall be the morn of song!
- The Church’s One Foundation (traditional hymn)


The night has come and soon
the darkness will spread her wings
and bring me fearful dreams
of beasts who roam the night.

Despite the full moon’s glow above,
night strips me of my courage
to fully live into my heart,
authentic, strong and true.

I pray that angels softly shut
my eyes and lift me gently
to lands where tears are strangers
and darkness finds no home.

I travel far above the night,
and stretching out, I grasp a star
and placing it securely in my bag
I know that light will travel with me.

Arriving at a seaside scene
my guardians place me ‘neath a tree
to shade me from this bright creation
always and forever green.

My star now shines in bright sunlight
amidst the company of others,
at the edge of land and water,
portal to our pilgrim home.

Where our voices lift in song
celebrating our return
to the shores of contemplation

in the land of truth and beauty.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger brd said...

Those old hymns are really inspiring aren't they?

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home