Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Monday, February 26, 2007

VISION OF GRACE

Into the dark and silent night
came a whisper of a gentle breeze
followed by the pale glow of filtered ivory light.
While the mild brush of air across my face was a welcome relief,
my reluctant eyes squinted in response to the light.
Since sweet sleep had taken hold of me hours before,
and with many hours to go,
I desperately tried to return
to that place without fully waking.
But the brown-haired, blue-eyed angel
with multi-colored wings had another plan.
I’d longed to see her and hear her voice many times before,
but force of will is impotent in that nether world.
She comes at her own bidding,
and speaks the simple blessing, “I will,”
a response to my plea for assistance.
So I shall rest before I take up my holy work
now blessed by this vision of grace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Some of your imagery here is how I like to picture bridging time and space with others.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home