Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Thursday, February 01, 2007



LABYRINTH

Quietly before the holy circle,
I stand and shape my thoughts into a prayer.
A quick splash from the bowl of blessed water,
I’m on my way, heav’n only knows just where.

It always starts with heav’ly shouldered burdens
carried up and down each narrow path.
With every shuffling step the load reminds me
of choices made each time I take a breath.

But now it’s time to offload some old patterns
that served me in the past but nevermore.
New behaviors that’ll bring me one step closer
to Hosannahs as I step inside the Door.

The holy center brings me time to ponder
what gifts I’ll take ‘long with me as I leave.
What lessons have I learned to make me truer
to the person in the mirror that I see?

Kindness and a peaceful heart, they join me
on this walk back to a world called real.
Can I keep these presents right before me
and silently impart these gifts to heal?

The straight path from the lab’rinth lies before me
a deep full breath I use to fill my lungs.
Resolved to live my life with holy abandon
I’m sure now that forever I’ll be young.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home