Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

SIGNATURE

How shall I write my signature?
For the story’s not yet done.
I’ve wandered diverse paths along
my journey toward the One.

No sorrow or regret for roads
that led me far astray,
for lessons learned on deadend tracks
also guide me on the way.

My signature has many loops
like rabbit tracks in snow.
While others see a scattered mess
I see a plowman’s rows.

Mustard seeds in fertile ground
take root and grow in me.
My name is writ in dust and dirt
in lands I’ve yet to see.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich, I am usually not draw to rhyming poems, but this one is evocative. I especially like "My signature has many loops like rabbit tracks in snow" and the last stanza. Blessings to you, Christine

2:48 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim Path said...

I'm not big on rhyming either, but every once in awhile I feel the need to do "the times table" of poetry. Thanks for your kind comments.

Peace.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home