Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

TRIBAL FIRE IN THE WOODS

A tribal fire welcomes us to this quiet
place, among the trees, winter leaves
cushion our walk together into the bright
night of our prayer and discernment.

I take a seat, while you return to the holy
circle, where songs and drums and intentions
are heard by the One and all; where heartfelt
breaths are exchanged among brothers.

In the woods a dark chapel appears before
my eyes, a darker door inviting me to enter.
I choose to sit and wait while nature’s stained
glass window of the Virgin forms before my eyes.

Framed by beauty and soft evergreen needles,
the path before me is clear and soft, so unlike
the road that brought me here. I rest awhile in
awe of all that passes before me and is yet to come.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home