Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

LETTING GO

Tonight I need to hold onto the rock
and let deep sleep wash over me.
But in the morning, I know,
it's time to go
down to the river to pray.
Pray for some grace,
pray for some peace,
some direction;

there for the asking,
there for the listening,
if only I'll let go
of the rock that sits
in the middle of the river
waiting for the morning to come.


- inspired by and dedicated to my brother Buck - a very good man

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely poem Rich, the river is so inviting! And the deep sleep even more so. . . :-)

8:26 AM  
Blogger brd said...

There is something about this work that reminds me of William Carlos Williams, only better.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Lil said...

That rock saved me during the worst of my depression. What a bittersweet poem...

Lil

4:35 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim Path said...

Christine, Betsy and Lil - I'm humbled by your kind words. Thank you. Rich

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home