Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

DEEP DARKNESS

There are times I can’t open my eyes,
but most times I find I don’t panic,
for it’s then I believe God hasn’t finished
the painting he wants me to see.

It’s not just my eyes he paints for,
but for those who take time to look closely
at how even the simplest clutch of icicles
can reveal more stories than a book.

There are times I can’t open my eyes,
but then I remember His promise
to provide me with all that I’ll need
exactly when I need it.

Pictures can be the balm my soul craves,
wordless, breathless and silent,
but darkness can take me nearer the Deep
and feed my hunger for trust.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poem Rich, I love "darkness can take me nearer the Deep." How I love the darkness of God!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home