Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Sunday, September 10, 2006


COEUR D'ALENE - 6:00AM

Rolling over in the bottom bunk,
I'm greeted by the very early morning sun
bleeding through the cabin shutter slats
imploring me to come out and play.

Tossing on the bare minimum clothing
required to be considered decent,
I hurry through the well-worn wooden screen door
and declare my presence in the world.

Deep, slow in-and-out breaths
of rich wood and moss scented air
heal my weary soul and heart
and make me ready to begin again.

Down by the lake
benches set as pews sit
before an old rough-hewn wooden cross
aged by weather and prayers.

I follow the gently sloped leaf-strewn path
down to the stone covered shore,
eager to touch the cool water covered
by a sheet of new ice, thin as a butterfly's wing.

Slowly looking up from lake level
a great billowy cloud moves
across the far water - Ruah -
breath of God blesses me in this sacred place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home