Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Monday, July 24, 2006


LOST BOY FOUND

Tall buildings jut from flat land,
an artificial mountain range with no holy foundation.
A random empty lot is quickly named prairie
in a desperate effort to gain some drama.

On the journey, I meet those rooted to their place
in a way I’m not; I jealously listen
as history rolls off their tongues;
stories and eyes sparkle in the retelling.
Immigrant parents gifted me with tales
watered down by the Atlantic crossing.
Unable to see and feel the land,
I searched for my own stories:
but railroad crossings, alley paths and new traffic lights
don’t hold the same romance.

Through grit and grace and gratitude,
I find the world is open.
No limits on ownership, I fill my empty places
with all the beauty I can hold.
From leaping Gulf Stream dolphins
to western snowcapped peaks.
Wild rivers rushing
to the breathe of God lightly brushing a still early morning lake top.
Bright orange and red desert landscapes speak to me
as I close my eyes in prayer,
closer now to God in nature’s sanctuary
with my newly repaired heart.

2 Comments:

Blogger brd said...

You have done it again. So very nice. One of the other blogs I read had a weekend post that is much like this in polaroid pictures. Catch it at Pretty Fakes

Your mention of the "prairie" and the unholy foundations is very interesting.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully written!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home