Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

DESERT GRACE

The high desert calls to me in a way no other landscape does.
Undiluted colors stimulate my eyes and heart
and make my soul sing.
Each exhalation quivers in resonance with the land.

This connection is a mystery, I of the flat prairies.
Perhaps the potential drama speaks to me of history
past or yet to be.
Or do I simply hear the words of the Great Artist more deeply?

Light and darkness, too, are different here.
Dawn and dusk take longer as if hesitant to yield to the
fullness of day or night
knowing that half-spent, light holds more grace.

1 Comments:

Blogger brd said...

The half spent light holds more grace. Are you referring to life? Do our lives, in the spending, increase in grace? Perhaps. That would be hopeful.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home