Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008


RESTLESS WATERS

Restless waters summon me
to sit in silence at day’s end.
A grassy shore inviting
stretched out dreaming.

Carried away on swift currents
down river to new places.
Lessons to learn, life to live,
eager to press on.

But the river that called, tested me,
found me lacking and spit me out.
Stumbling on shore, magpies swoop low
screeching, catching a glimpse of this stranger.

Resting now on dry ground, I listen
to the song of earth’s heartbeat.
Notes written during creation
for me to hear today.

My new journey now set, I begin,
walking briskly along the shore.
The river that rejected me
is now my map home.

A traveler appears walking toward me.
Quickly, silently passing one another,
I halt and stare when I recognize
the old man’s face as my own.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home