Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Friday, March 23, 2007

The drought is over...

DAWN

I awakened with first light
and getting up
and facing east,
I was startled by the slash of red
at the horizon.
I felt the day had started wounded
and spotting it first,
I was responsible
for its healing.
I tried singing to the sun
but the wound gaped open wider.
Next I tried to cleanse the cut
by rinsing it with water,
only to discover the hose was too short.
But then, reaching up
and praising its Creation,
the sky healed because I’d noticed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home