Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

DIVINE MYSTERY

Dust and ashes choke our tongue
in the wasteland of depression.
Holy Spirit, come,
walk with us tomorrow
through all gloom and grieving
to the paths of resurrection.

Take us by the hand and lead us,
lead us through the desert sands,
bring us living water,
Holy Spirit, come.

- Brian Wren, 1989.

Divine Mystery, speak to me,
as I kneel to touch the floor
and kiss these icons in the dark,
a darkness that speaks to me
as it always has.
Here is where I pray best,
in memories of old, dark, gothic churches.
Now I sit in a corner unnoticed,
leaning forward in the pew
with hands folded and
head resting on my hands as I pray.
Divine Mystery take me
to that place that feeds my soul
and quenches my thirst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home