Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Thursday, August 07, 2008


NEW LOVE

When I sit with you awhile
and look into your light blue eyes,
I want to ask, “How are you, really?”
But I sense that knot in your throat
will keep the words from spilling forth
as easily as I’d like to hear them.

This is new love and you hide
behind your heart because it hurts
too much to take the chance again.
So give me your hand and let me
simply hold it, and you’ll know
I’ll wait as long as you need.

I want to show you
how I feel each time I see you,
how my soul lifts up,
and my breathing goes shallow
as I bow and shake my head in disbelief
every time you look at me and smile.

But I know you’re far too smart
to ask me for those words
whose echoes fall upon the floor.
Sit with me and you’ll see
the transforming power of love
to overcome the darkness of self-doubt.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home