Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN


After arriving at Gethsemani, we unloaded my SUV and dragged our luggage up to the retreat center. We opened the door and found a check-in desk manned by one of the monks (angels). Since monks (angels) don’t wear name tags, I’m not sure of his name, but if I had to guess, I’d say it was Peter. After announcing our names to “Peter,” he scratched a number after each of our names and handed each of us a set of keys: one to our room and one to the “outside” door. We were told to guard these keys carefully. We were then ready to set off toward our rooms, but before we left “Peter” advised us that the Abbot preferred that we not take the route through the Garden (how ironic, eh?). Instead, he handed each of us a slip of paper with some instructions…


          1) Take the elevator to the 3rd floor
          2) On the 3rd floor, turn RIGHT, go to last door on RIGHT
          3) Go down 7 steps and enter the BALCONY door
          4) CROSS the Church Balcony
          5) Disregard sign DO NOT ENTER
          6) Enter and you are on the 2nd floor
          7) Go on flight up for 3rd floor
          8) Find your room




While I didn’t hear the melodic voices of thousands of angels, I might as well have. Soon enough, the bells of the Abbey tower would ring out, summoning us to Vespers.


(to be continued…)



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Good...keep writing, okay?

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home