Pilgrim Path

This blog is the work of a seeker and poet. Walking stick in hand, I head out into the world, not of the world, but in the world. My words and my friends carry me along and light the pilgrim path of spiritual journeys.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

CHRISTMAS EVE MEMORIES 2009


  • After a couple of weeks of sleeping from 3am to 10am, I was awakened by my alarm at 7am. It’s OK, I am taking a dear friend to the airport so he can be with his family for Christmas.
  • Having breakfast at Orange with same dear friend and being cajoled, and refusing, to taste Chai flavored French Toast. (bleech!) I had the “boring” buttermilk pancakes (yes, that is what they call them on the menu). (I thought I was being adventurous enough with the orange/grape juice.)
  • Getting a call from my brother to bitch about Christmas plans and family members, but knowing the real reason he called.
  • Pre-heating the oven and having the leftover scent of chocolate chip cookies waft through the house.
  • Deciding it is overcast enough to turn on the Christmas lights in the front window at noon.
  • Looking out same front windows and hoping that the forecasted rain doesn’t melt away all of the snow before Christmas morning.
  • Reading friends’ blogs and sending brief comments just to stay connected.
  • Remembering Uncle Don a.k.a. Santa.
  • Putting the finishing touches on the Christmas baskets.
  • Grateful to have rediscovered old photos and old memories.
  • Laughing as Basil (my oldest cat) sucks up to me today thinking he’ll get a better present than Abbey and Bruiser.
  • Cuddling up on the end of the couch, wrapped up in a snowman blanket I got from my Pennsylvania great-nieces, near a small lamp so I can read the book I just received that was written by my very dear friend, John. You can read it, too. Just order it at: http://www.amazon.com/Touching-Wonder-Recapturing-Awe-Christmas/dp/1434764656/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261680621&sr=8-1
  • Hearing the buzzer on the stove go off, telling me the last batch of chocolate chip cookies is ready.
  • Thinking how blessed I am.
  • Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Rich

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

That dear friend's book may be over-rated. If so, you can return it and buy some Godivas...maybe a whole box-full, you know, horses and all!

Merry Christmas, my good friend. Stay warm.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home